Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blog 7

Television has a large yet an inadequate influence on society. It affects almost everyone in every aspect of their life, with everything that they do. When it comes to television and violence, I believe the repercussion of watching too much violent television does make one more violent. Violence in society doesn't just have to do with violence on television, or even watching too much television. However it does have contribution in some of the violence that has gone on in the world as well as today.


I have many sources, in which Louie told me I should site everything just in case, even if I don't use it... I am just not sure at this time which ones I will use in order to put it in here. I am still assembling what I have for this mid-term.


Bibliography:
"Albert Bandura, Social Learning and his Bobo Doll experiment." YouTube. Web. 22 Apr 2011. -- I used this because it was a visual way to understand what exactly the Bobo Doll is.

"Childhood Exposure to Media Violence Predicts Young Adult Aggressive Behavior, According to a New 15-Year Study." Press Releases. American Psychology Association, 09 Mar 2003. Web. 24 Apr 2011. -- This just supported some of the information I have used. When it comes to the web, you are not sure what is true, so I thought that if I had information from this site as well as the sites where the information repeats it would be safer.

"Children and Television Violence." Abelard Teaching. Abelard, 1999-2008. Web. 24 Apr 2011. -- This website helped with other studies they have done besides the Bobo Doll.

Petersik, Timothy. "Ripon College." Media Violence and Media Influence. J. Timothy Petersik, n.d. Web. 22 Apr 2011. -- This website helped me with the statistics of information I have used in my paper.

Westrup, Hugh. “Reel to Real?.” Weekly Reader / Current Science. 17 Mar. 2000: 10. Print. -- This gave me good examples of what the positives and negatives are of watching television that could contain violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment