Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blog 18

When I was doing the draft of my major research paper I had started with watching the movie and taking notes on what I thought was important. Once I did that I had gone to the library to look through some encyclopedia books where I found some of the information I am using. When I did that, I had looked on the computer through the library for old newspaper articles. I would say that is the most difficult of the project. Since I couldn’t find any books with prices of what stuff had cost back then I had to look through ‘display ads’ on the site.

Once I found the display ads to be good price references, I searched for display ad since there was no way I could shorten the search to how I wanted it. So I have been looking through each display ad from January 1st 1954 to December 31st 1954. After I did a predominant amount of research through that, I watched the movie again to see what I had missed. That is when I started to start on the paper. I switched back and forth from my notes to my research.

I knew I had to get cited works that weren’t from the web so the library was the next best idea. They had told me about the website online to look up newspaper articles. I had tried to go to the archives but the guy wasn’t there and then the time had gotten away from me so I couldn’t go. I really would have liked the web because they have a lot of good sites but its okay I was able to find things such as old newspaper articles via the web. I just had to turn them into ‘print’ cited works.

I don’t have the full complete draft yet, so to my knowledge I am not sure I used something from the class lessons. I was more free-writing. I still have work to do and I have what I want in there set-up and then I will go over and edit it, along with the conference I will have with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment